Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Greatest Show on Earth!

That's right, Ringling Brothers, Barnum & Bailey Circus came to Peoria so the Lewis' joined in the fun. Turns out Jacqie was the only one that had been to a circus before! Taylor said he was impressed.....not only with the actual show and performances, but also with how cool contraptions were engineered to be put together... Never can escape from being an engineer!
Benjamin just sat wide-eyed hardly blinking through most of it with an occasional shout of excitement.
Abie thought everything was a bit loud and dramatic for the first half, but after intermission she'd accustomed herself and was able to be excited. Here are some glimpses of what they saw:
Cool, 4 motorcycles racing around....
Now there's 7! Good luck trying to count them!
Tigers! Benjamin let out a few good roars during this part
Simply amazing!The guy on the left isn't the typical "little" guy!
Elephants!
Not pictured were the horses, dogs (catching frisbees) and acrobats (good luck trying to catch them on film). Abie was quite intrigued with all their "swinging!"

6 comments:

White's said...

How very fun! I remember going to the circus when I was little and I actually remember the motorcycles in the ball. Tiffany

Cristin said...

Wow. Every year the circus has come to town I don't go because I think it will be lame. That actually looks really cool!

Lianne said...

What a cool show! Looks like a lot of fun! :)

Susanne said...

What fun! We're thinking about going in August when they come to our area.

Carrie Wood said...

Great idea for a night out with the family. I am glad they all liked it!

The Woolner Family said...

What fun! Did your kids actually sit through the whole thing? I seem to recall someone else who couldn't escape being an engineer when we were trekking across the globe--sewer systems, green garbage trucks, etc.