Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ah, What's In A Name?

The newest addition to the Lewis household:

Yes, a minivan. It's quite the upgrade for space and seats which is making everyone happy. Abie's favorite feature? Power sliding doors - hopefully the buttons don't break. Jacqie's favorite feature? Stow'N Go. Taylor's favorite feature? Rear steering wheel controls - for the radio etc. Benjamin's favorite feature? Mostly just not having too much help (or hindrance) with everything cause his sister isn't able to reach him.

But to really be adapted into the Lewis family the van needs a name. So far nothing has stuck. So have your hand at it and give your suggestion. Here are some things to know about it that might help you name it: spacious, room to grow into, storage, big but not overbearing, smooth ride, silver and a Dodge Grand Caravan. Good luck helping the Lewis' out! And no, the Lewis' are not intending to buy any more cars for quite some time.

16 comments:

Charity said...

Cara?

Tiffany -- the mommy said...

We love our van...and we only have one kid...but two cats do they count? Names well I can't help you with that we don't really name our cars!! good luck with that.

mom said...

Your van looks like the "silver bullet" to me. Enjoy all your space.

Courtney said...

We always had really weird names for our cars...Elvis, Blue Thunder, The Sports Car (that's my current old lady car...anything but a sports car really), Old Betsy, Ruby, Jeepie, Orangejello, Tommy...the list goes on and on. What I'm saying is good luck naming your fancy mini-van! It looks awesome! I liked the Silver Bullet name :)

Susanne said...

Yeah, I like Silver Bullet, too! Lucky you! I want a mini-van so badly. (When I was a teenager, I NEVER thought I'd say that...haha!)

The Riddle Family said...

Yea! Craig and I were hoping to find your blog soon. We are so excited to keep in touch. Craig always talks about his fond memories with his cousin Jacqie. Your children are adorable. We will keep in touch.

Annette said...

Congrats! We love our Grand Caravan but it's a little older so we don't have stow 'n go or power sliding doors. I can always dream...I'll have to think about the name thing. We always gave our cars female names but your car looks kind of masculine!

Karl-Erik said...

We name our cars too. The Corolla is named "Lola" and Our van is named "Appa" from the Avatar Series on Nickedlodeon, it's a white van.

Tay once named my car stereo "sparky"

So names for your Van....Silver, Lewymobile, Tay96 (like the caddy was Tiff88), Trimaxion/Max (from "flight of the navigator") The Mystery Machine (The scooby doo van)

DeCaires Family said...

I vote for bullet!

The Mother said...

The Foxy (as in Silver Fox); the Liberator; Metallica; Tink (because silver, dropped, tinkles); TayJac.

Renae said...

Bullet sounds good to me too--or you can go for Tonto, along the lines of Lone Ranger and Silver. It's a stretch, but it might work.

Call Family said...

Sterling.

Big but not overbearing... smooth... looks like it's got a lot of muscle... must be a boy car?? Sterling. Sounds like a good name.

Lee Deppermann said...

Name it the Golden Pig

The Woolner Family said...

Shiny and new! You can name it the silver bullet.

Call Family said...

So... what is it?? What's the verdict on the van's name??

Lewis Times said...

......Cara (The Silver Bullet) is happy with her new family!