Abie never was a good sleeper as an infant. Maybe by 9 months did she actually take a nap during the day. But every time she did sleep she had to get a good few cries out to let you know she didn't like the idea. It's not certain when that ended, even at 17 months when she got her big girl bed she still put up her front. However she usually goes down without a fuss now. In fact, nap time rarely is a fight. The mention of "snuggle" and she's off to her bed. Today was even more impressive. Jacqie & Abie had just finished lunch a little early than usual. After getting her hands washed, Abie disappeared while Jacqie wiped the table down. Then noticing the curious quiteness (Benjamin was still napping) Jacqie went in search to find her. Much to her surprise Abie had gone to bed herself! All snuggled in with her little snuggly! What a well trained daughter! If only she could be so good with everything else! Maybe making dinner will be the next routine to work on......
3 comments:
wow!! Very impressive work there mommy. I think that might be every mother's dream come true! I remember babysitting my nephew once and I asked him if it was time for "night night" and he nodded. When I walked toward the crib he practically jumped out of my arms to get into bed. I thought, wow, this is easy! :)
Yes!!! A perfect child. :)
Nice. I wish all kids would volunteer to go to bed. Life would be dream.
Post a Comment